Keapon Laffin is a Gnome Wizard and merchant living in Shapeir. In Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire, the player may find Keapon at any time in his shop - where he sells a wide array of items, mostly magical in nature, although lots of miscellaneous (and unpurchaseable) items are seen on the shelves as well, mostly in reference to pop-culture and other Sierra titles.
Being a magic user whose primary element is Air, Keapon has a very lighthearted and spontaneous personality. His shop is seen as an endless hall of high shelves, with a glistening floor and what appears to be the sunny sky hanging above it - representative of his demeanor.
- X-Ray Glasses: 15 dinars
- Magic Rope: 125 dinars (115 dinars after bargaining)
- Detect Magic Spell: 10 dinars (5 dinars)
- Trigger Spell: 15 dinars (5 dinars)
- Force Bolt Spell: 20 dinars (10 dinars)
- Dazzle Spell: 25 dinars (15 dinars)
- Levitate: 30 dinars (20 dinars)
Behind the scenesEdit
- Like all Gnomes, Keapon's name is a pun. It means, "keep on laughin'".
- The player may purchase the infamous X-ray Glasses from Keapon's shop, though they will find no use for them until their arrival in Raseir.
- The player may learn through dialog that Laspo Yorick from Quest For Glory I: So You Want to Be a Hero is a cousin of Keapon.