Hoyle's Official Book of Games: Volume 3 was the third volume in Sierra On-Line's series of computer games based on the officially licensed Hoyle rules and trademark. Unlike the two previous game, this one was made with Sierra's new improved VGA SCI engine, and focused on board games, where the previous entries in the series had featured card games.
Games featured were Backgammon, Checkers, Dominoes, Yacht (a takeoff on Yahtzee), Pachisi, and Snakes and Ladders.
Connection to the Quest for Glory seriesEdit
Ad Avis and Baba Yaga compete with the player and many other Sierra characters (from other franchises). There is no lore narrative however, characters only talk about game choices and rules (though given different personalities, and sometimes 'accents'; Ad Avis does make the occasional reference to things like Allah and Prophet, to give him Middle East flair). They give warnings, if a move cannot be made. Sometimes there are special animations for the characters. Especially if they get angry at the player's moves.
Like the first volume, and unlike the second volume, this game offers Sierra characters as opponents in the various games.
- Good guys
- Mother Goose (Mixed-Up Mother Goose)
- King Graham (King's Quest series)
- Rosella (King's Quest series)
- Larry Laffer (Leisure Suit Larry series)
- Passionate Patti (Leisure Suit Larry series)
- Jones (Jones in the Fast Lane)
- Sonny Bonds (Police Quest series)
- Roger Wilco (Space Quest series)
- Laura Bow (The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra)
- Evil guys
- Ad Avis (Quest for Glory II)
- Baba Yaga (Quest for Glory I)
- Lillian (The Colonel's Bequest)
- Arnoid (Space Quest III)
- Mordack (King's Quest V)
- Mr. Big (Leisure Suit Larry V)
- Lolotte (King's Quest IV)
- Vohaul (Space Quest II)
- Sheriff of Nottingham (Conquests of the Longbow)
- Snakes & Ladders
Has its own assortment of various children, boys and girls with different apperances.