The Djinni are a group of mystical beings with vast magical power. It is not known from where they originate, but when they enter the physical plane of Gloriana, they are always summoned so as to serve and answer to a specific master (usually the person who summoned them). Other times, they are embodied in specific objects, or bound to locations/places which they must guard for eternity. It is not known if Djinni can enter Gloriana of their own free will, or if they must always be tied to a person or object when summoned. Suleiman bin Daoud is one such summoner of great renown, who allegedly called forth an entire army of Djinni and led them in battle against Iblis.
Types of Djinni Edit
- Djinn are the most common type of Djinni, usually assuming man-like forms and existing within enchanted items. There exist both legends of Djinn granting wishes to their human "master" and ones of Djinn going rampant and outright destroying them. According to the Trial by Fire manual, they are associated with the prime element of air.
- Djann are a reclusive type of Djinni which take the form of animals and generally keep to themselves, living in mountainous areas.
- Shaitan are a type of Djinni which prefer to inhabit areas around streams and running water.
- Ifreet are volatile, fiery beings that usually exist amongst the vast reaches of the deserts and sand dunes.
- Marid are, according to the Trial by Fire manual, "the most powerful of all the Djinn." They seem to possess attributes and mastery of multiple, if not all, the elements - as opposed to the specific elemental niches other types of Djinni have. Iblis is the only known named Marid Djinni.